Calls for Participation(1)
No news from Competitions
No news from Course
No news from Cumulus for Ukraine
No news from Global Conversations
No news from Job Listings
No news from Joint & Partner Events
The Institute has a firm belief that creative imagination, aspiration, innovation, and excellence need to be supported with quality teaching and guidance. The Institute has a diverse student and employee community, that has helped in creating a campus which is a vibrant, artistic and multi-cultural hotspot. NID MP is dedicated to the principle of learner centeredness whereby the Institute values and nurtures a student’s potential, while promoting a competitive culture that fosters continuous development.
The NID MP aims to offer world-class design education and to promote design awareness and application towards raising the quality of life by and through:
- Education to create design professionals of excellence to help meet India's diverse design needs. To train design trainers for other design and design-related institutions and positions in the 21st century as global leaders in Design Education and Research by recognising the changes in economic and business environment nationally and globally.
- Ensuring the expansion in the number of quality design professionals and faculty, through existing and new institutional mechanisms.
- Becoming a repository of design knowledge, experience and information on products, systems, materials, design and production processes related to traditional as well as modern technologies.
- Encouraging the design of products and systems of everyday use in a spirit of restless search for indigenous design solutions by focusing on affordable design for the masses.
- To undertake fundamental and applied research to create cutting edge knowledge in the areas of design, especially those concerned with user understanding and trends.
- To help place designers in key sectors of national need for benchmarking of standards of design education and practice and encouraging 'thinking global and acting local'.
- To offer integrated design consultancy services and cutting-edge design solutions providing practice opportunities to students as well as a revenue stream to the Institute.
- Providing design inputs from the point of view of using design as an integrating force in varied areas like science, technology, management etc. to raise quality of life through well designed products, services, processes, systems, etc.
- To humanize technology and integrate the physical with the virtual and digital worlds through better information and interface design.
- To provide design intervention for craft, handloom, rural technology, small, medium and large-scale enterprises, and outreach programmes for capability and institution building and sustainable livelihood, employment opportunities and economic growth.
Faculties and Departments
- Industrial Design (ID)
The program is dedicated to enabling the learning and development of educated, extraordinary, innovative leaders, who will bring new levels of creativity, vision, and integrity to the discipline. This extremely diverse program delivers to develop a competitive edge in learners to be industry ready for all mass production-based industries through design.
The program not only prepares to focus on the appearance of a product, but also on how it functions, is manufactured, and ultimately the value and experience it provides for users.
- Communication Design (CD)
The program deals with the extreme diversity that lies within the broad spectrum of this discipline. A systems-based approach is delivered by dealing with the totality of media and messages within the culture or an organization as a singular integrated process.
Design skills are accordingly developed to be customized to the specific orientation of every cultural interface, people, and organization as an interface and experiential factor. The learner is exposed to various subdomains of this wide field through various studio assignments and eventually, they choose to major in one of the specialized domains.
- Textile and Apparel Design (TAD)
This is a unique program addressing textile, fashion, textile-based lifestyle accessories, and interior design requirements in its broadest spectrum. The program strikes a balance in the domains of textile product development, and apparel design. It is deeply rooted in the scientific processes of textile development and garment manufacturing technology.
Students will also develop high caliber and potential in both the traditional handcrafted sector and sophisticated modern technology of the textile and apparel industry.
The program also strikes a balance with inputs in the areas of the art of design, the science of chemistry, and the perspective of history in a rich, challenging learning environment at the creative forefront of the textile industry.
Bachelor Level Programs
- B.Des in Industrial Design (ID)
- B.Des in Communication Design (CD)
- B.Des in Textile and Apparel Design (TAD)
Master Level Programs
Doctorate Level Programs
Subject Areas for Exchange Students