Calls for Participation(1)
No news from Competitions
No news from Course
No news from Cumulus for Ukraine
No news from Global Conversations
No news from Initiatives
No news from Job Listings
No news from Joint & Partner Events
No news from Special Events
L’École de design Nantes Atlantique’s project is based on four values embodying our vision of design:
– the recognition of creative workers as true professionals,
– the promotion of design as a strong economic asset,
– design as a trigger for innovation,
– design as a practice that tackles social, economic and environmental issues in a responsible way.
The school has established partnerships with companies in numerous ways: internships, apprenticeships, projects conducted in collaboration with industrial partners, practical studies on corporate design, symposiums enabling designers and companies to meet and share ideas.
The undergraduate 3rd-year level International Class, entirely taught in English, is open to students from all over the world, either in exchange program or as degree-seeking students.
The MDes is also open to foreign students, and more than half of these programs are fully taught in English. Students having studied at undergraduate level at L’École de design spend their first postgraduate semester abroad.
Students can spend the two years of their postgraduate studies emerged in another culture, either in our China Studio in Shanghai, in our India Studio in Delhi, or our Brazil Studio in Sao Paulo
The school applies the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
Recognized by the State, L’École de design Nantes Atlantique grants a Master’s level degree (MDes) certified by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, as well as various undergraduate degrees. The school is also a member of the prestigious French association Conférence des Grandes Écoles, regrouping the top-tier schools of all disciplines.
The school offers three-year vocational training courses leading to an advanced vocational diploma (DN MADE), or a Bachelor’s Degree.
Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, Spatial Design
Faculties and Departments
Faculties and departments
Undergraduate Studies (Bachelor level- 3 years)
- Graphic Design department
- Motion Design department
- Game Design department
- Interactive Design department
- Product Design department
- Transport Design department
- Spatial Design department
- Scenography department
Postgraduate Studies (Master level- 2 years)
- Sustainable Cities Design Lab
- Human Machine Design Lab
- New Eating Habits Design Lab
- Care Design Lab
- Media Design
- Campuses in Shanghai (China), Delhi (India) and São Paulo (Brazil)
Bachelor Level Programs
Two different orientations:
1. Five year study program (leading to a Masters level qualification). Students either specialize in Graphic design, Interaction design, Product Design or Spatial Design.
2. Three year vocational training programs (DN MADE) in Product Design, Spatial Design, and Digital Design.
Master Level Programs
Our international MDes programs specially tailored for students holding a Bachelor’s Degree in design from all over the world who want to integrate our MDes:
- MDes Care / Social Design
- MDes Media Design / Information Design
- MDes Human Machine Design / UX Design
- MDes New Eating Habits / Food Design & Brand
- MDes Sustainable Cities / Environmental Design
Our MDes programs open to all students holding a bachelor’s degree in design:
- MDes Transcultural Design / Brazil Studio
- MDes Transcultural Design / China Studio
- MDes Transcultural Design / India Studio
Our MDes programs open to students who validate their BDes at L’École de design :
- MDes Care / Health & Social Innovation
- MDes Human Machine Design / Machine UX Design
- MDes Human Machine Design / Tangible UX Design
- MDes New Eating Habits/ Food Design
- MDes Sustainable Cities / Urban Design
- MDes Sustainable Cities / Mutations of the Built Environment
- MDes Design & entrepreneurship / Le Studio Montreal
Research Activity and Main Areas
Care Design Lab
Human Machine Design Lab
New Eating Habits Design Lab
Sustainable Cities Design Lab
Transcultural Design Shanghai (China), Delhi (India) and São Paulo (Brazil)
Subject Areas for Exchange Students
Since 2001 L’École de design Nantes Atlantique has been running a program aimed at students of different nationalities who have studied at least two years in product, industrial, spatial, interior or graphic design or visual communications. This program allows foreign students to complete, for their respective schools, an equivalent of 3rd year level studies over one semester. After this program, students who so wish may apply to continue their studies at the postgraduate level (4th and 5th years) at L’Ecole de design.
Exchange students also may enroll in one of our Master in Design (MDes) programs and join the first semester (September to January) of the 1st year of postgraduate studies.
Mid May for 1st semester. Mid November for 2nd semester.
French and English. Courses at bachelor level are mainly taught in French. Our international MDes programs and the International Class (3rd year) are available in English. It is recommended that exchange students master the basics of the French language. A good level in English is also required for programs taught in English.
End September – Mid-February Mid-February – End June
Cost of Living Per Month (Studying and Living)
600 – 700 Euros