Candidates must have:
• A relevant degree (level 8) with First or Second Class Honours of a recognised third level institution; or equivalent qualification.
Not Less than 3 years relevant post qualification experience
• A significant track record in Service Design, User Experience Design practice (eg. UX, UI), Universal Design (UD) in the context of Graphic Design.
• Advanced knowledge of Service Systems Design, User Experience Design (UX), User Interface Design (UI) and/or Design for Sustainability (DfS).
• Experience and knowledge of processes, practices, tools and research methodologies appropriate to the above in the context of Graphic Design.
• Experience in working with design technology and maintaining an active interest in related developments within the sector.
• A proficiency in design industry standard software and digital prototyping tools.
• Evidence of critical design thinking, problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Doctorate (PhD) (highly desirable) or Masters’ qualification in a relevant design field.
For 170 years we have been educating, inspiring and empowering people seeking a creative future. We are proud to be recognised as one of Europe’s leading fine art, design and creative media schools. With over 1,450 students across our campuses, we are a hub of energy and imagination, a supportive creative community and a place of art, enterprise and research.
Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (TUS) is Ireland’s third technological university and home to 15,000 students and a staff complement of approximately 2,000, full-time and part-time, across six campuses in Athlone, Limerick, Thurles, Clonmel, and Ennis.
Established on October 1, 2021, TUS has a strong regional focus and will be a key driver of development and investment across the Midlands and Midwest. The new networked university, linked by the river Shannon, borders on almost half of Ireland’s 26 counties and will provide unprecedented levels of access to higher education.
We are committed to developing a contemporary and vibrant technological university (TU) – a higher education institute that reflects the educational and economic needs of our region and communities we serve. The new TU will connect knowledge creation with industry partnerships to grow and support collaboration. The TU will be the home of academic leaders, knowledge creators and cutting-edge researchers who will positively affect people’s lives now and in the future.