The IE School of Architecture and Design invites applications for multiple tenure-track positions in various design disciplines including Fashion Design, Textile Science, Textile Design, Product Design, Videogame Design, Strategic Design, and User Experience Design. These positions offer an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic faculty team and contribute to the growth and development of our renowned design programs.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who can develop high-impact design research, inspire students in the various design disciplines, and demonstrate leadership through faculty service. Successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise student projects, engage in scholarly research, and contribute to the ongoing development of the design curriculum and school management.
The positions are full-time, tenure-track appointments, and the rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups and individuals with diverse backgrounds.
About IE University and the IE School of Architecture and Design
IE University is a leading international English-Language institution committed to developing, nurturing, and deploying the power of human creativity to shape a more sustainable, more just, and more beautiful world.
Founded in 1973, IE University has become a reference for innovation and impact in higher global education. With an international network of more than 60,000 alumni, and over 140 nationalities represented on our twin campuses, we offer 47 master’s degree programs and 19 Bachelor and Dual degree programs, in addition to an array of lifelong learning programs. Through innovative programs and high-impact research, the School of Architecture and Design prepares future leaders and expand knowledge in design and the creative industries. Our faculty and students represent over 80 nationalities, across a range of graduate and undergraduate programs including Architecture, Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Real Estate Development, and Design Management.
Located in the vibrant cities of Segovia and Madrid, Spain, the school offers a stimulating academic environment that combines rigorous hands-on design research with a strong emphasis on entrepreneurship and a global perspective. Visit https://www.ie.edu/school-architecture-design/ for more information about the IE School of Architecture and Design.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant design field or an advanced stage in the process of obtaining a Ph.D.
- Demonstrated expertise and professional experience in the specific discipline.
- A strong record of research and scholarly publications in the respective discipline.
- Proven teaching experience at the university level, including course development and student mentorship.
- Active engagement in professional networks and associations related to the discipline.
- Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in Spanish is desirable, but not required.
Application Instructions Interested candidates are invited to create a dossier at Interfolio to submit the following application materials by November 1, 2023.
- Cover letter outlining their research, teaching philosophy, and areas of expertise.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and courses taught.
- Names and contact information of three references.
- Portfolio of creative work (if applicable).
To apply go to: http://apply.interfolio.com/127306
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information and interviews. IE University is strongly committed to non-discriminatory hiring practices and encourages applications from individuals who will further expand the diversity of our faculty.