Fashion & Textile WG at Cumulus Detroit 2022
ARCH College of Design & Business
Design School Kolding
Ecole Duperré Paris
Calls for Participation(3)
No news from Competitions
No news from Course
No news from Cumulus for Ukraine
No news from Global Conversations
No news from Initiatives
No news from Job Listings
No news from Joint & Partner Events
• Be an internationally acknowledged design institution built on an impeccable foundation of research and learning based on a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• To revive and renew the essence of time-honoured indigenous, knowledge, and practices, and
• ensure that their value and benefits are fully accessible to deal with problems faced by the present-day world.
• To collaborate with advanced Indian and foreign educational institutions, to develop, enhance and maintain global benchmarks in the quality and process of dissemination of knowledge and skills in Design.
• To enrol the youth of pluralistic identities and cultural contexts, and channelise and nurture their creative energies through inspirational learning experiences.
• Empower youth with a usable range of skill sets suited for industry and the emerging needs of society, which prepares them to be sensitive professionals and leaders, with the ability to transform the future.
• Establish a 'self-definition for women' by empowering and enabling them through education, towards becoming professionals and entrepreneurs, creating their own business or social enterprise and most importantly, in helping them form and nurture the thought processes of generations to come.
ARCH, in strategic partnership with Pearson, is accredited to deliver Six BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications in Art and Design. Pearson is the largest awarding body in the UK for Academic, Vocational and Work-related qualifications,and the largest education company worldwide. Pearson International is headquartered in London with offices across Europe, Asia and South America.
The BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications are embedded in the first 2 years of these courses, and includes a Foundation in Art & Design.After successful completion of the Level 5 HND in 2 years at ARCH, our students, can progress in the 3rd year directly into Graduation year of a BA course abroad and gain a Level 6 ‘top up’ degree in one year, from any of more than 100 Pearson listed universities around the world in the US, Canada, South Africa, Mauritius and Institutions in the UK and Europe as well as with global Universities and Colleges who have an agreement with ARCH.
After completing a B.A Degree students can complete an M.A Degree too in 1 Year from abroad.
ARCH holds full membership of
- IFFTI (The International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes) and is also on the Industries Sub Committee.
- The WDO (World Design Organization) formerly ICSID, a nonprofit organization promoting the profession of industrial design
- CUMULUS – Archana Surana is currently a Vice President on the Cumulus Executive Board 2022 to 2025
- ARCH is also a member of the Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA) which was established in April 2006 with funding support from the Innovation & Technology Commission, HKSAR Government.
International Linkages & Partnerships:
- Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), UK
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), UK
- Teesside University, UK
- University of Northampton, UK
- Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland, UK
- Ecole Boulle, Paris, France
- NSCAD University, Canada
- Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
- Cesar School of Innovation, Recife, Brazil
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Antwerp Management School, Belgium
- UDEM Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico
- Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy, Ukraine
- Bahir Dar University, Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology, Ethiopia
Visit our website for more details: https://www.archedu.org/international.html
- ARCH is the first in Rajasthan to introduce a Bachelor of Design affiliated with the University of Rajasthan, a public and state university in Rajasthan. The degrees offered at ARCH through its affiliation consist of the Bachelor of Design (B.Des), and the which are both four years in duration. The Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), is three years in duration.
- ARCH offers UG and PG level programmes, affiliated to RISU: The Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc), is three years in duration. The Masters of Vocation (M.Voc) is two years long
Memberships & Linakges:
- Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID)
- The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI)
- Association of Designers of India (ADI)
- Garment Exporters of Rajsathan (GEAR)
- Bagru TexCraft Part – Jaipur Bloc
ARCH is also actively associated with other Industry bodies which include the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), Federation of Rajasthan Handicraft Exporters (FORHEX), Rajasthan Heritage Fashion Week, Resurgent Rajasthan.
The Project Cell at ARCH has undertaken various projects. ARCH is the official Consultant Designer for Uniforms covering all cadres for the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation. It has taken up projects with MSME NID Design Clinic Scheme, Development Commissioner Handicrafts (DCH) Skill Development Projects etc.
Please visit our website: https://www.archedu.org/project-execution.html
Bachelor of Design Degree (B.Des)
International Study Abroad Programmes (Progression for BA Degree Year)
Master's Degree Programmes
Student & Faculty Exchanges
Faculties and Departments
Bachelor Level Programs
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – 4 Years Degree affiliated to University of Rajasthan
- B. Des Fashion Design
- B. Des Interior Design
- B. Des Product Design
- B. Des Jewellery Design
- B. Des Communication Design
- BBA (Design)- 3 Years
International Study Abroad Programmes (2+1+1 Years)
Pearson BTEC HND Level 5 in first 2 years at ARCH. Progression to a UK Univeristy for BA degree in 3rd year.
- BA Fashion Design
- BA Interior Design
- BA Product Design
- BA Graphic Design
- BA Digital Design
- BA Photography
Master Level Programs
Master of Vocational Studies (M.Voc) – 2 Years Degree affiliated to Rajasthan ILD Skills University
M. Voc Design Entrepreneurship – with specializations available in
- Jewellery Design
- Product Design
- Design Communication
Research Activity and Main Areas
The Design Culture initiative by the ARCH College is working towards, infusing the concept of Design and Design Thinking among school students during their receptive and formative years and thereby igniting their creative potential towards problem solving. Design Culture encompasses the three core attributes namely, Design Sense, Design Sensitivity and Design Sensibility, leading to an inherent ability to Design. We call this, DesignAbility.
ARCH College of Design & Business hosted and organised the Pink City Design Confluence 2022, an International Reasearch Confluence in Jaipur. The Confluence seeked to create an interface between the education and industry sectors to deliberate on how the influence & impact of Design & Technology led education, can be leveraged to support the emerging economies of the new world.
Hosted 30+Speakers, 40+Researches from 10+ Countries and 20+ Events for 5 days.
ARCH College of Design & Business hosted and organised Fashion Colloquia 2020, an International Reasearch Colloquium in Jaipur. The Fashion Colloquia series originated through a core network of 4 institutions, connected by their residence and involvement in the four big 'Fashion weeks' across the globe. Fashion Colloquia 2020, launched the Third series of Fashion Colloquia recognizing the importance of a ‘Responsible’ future.
ARCH in partnership with Perth UHI, Scotland has received the prestigious 45,000 GBP UKIERI Grant 2012 for Institutional Capacity Building. The 2 year project undertaken with this grant addressed ‘Communication and Application of Design to Promote Mutual Creative & Cultural Industries’ It included staff and student exchanges and development of an online platform for delivery of Design Communication in the industry.
Our Founder & Director Ms Archana Surana was invited as the keynote speaker at the 4th Non Western Fashion Conference held in Belgium, at the University of Antwerp from 23rd Nov to 25th Nov 2016 to talk about "Heritage Crafts in Fashion Business – Tradition to Modernity."
Founder & Director Ms Archana Surana was on the Scientific Committee of the Fashion Colloquium, Rome 2019
ARCH Student Research Paper titled "Pink Story" has been selected and would be presented at the Cumulus Conference in Rome 2020.
Please visit our website for more details: https://www.archedu.org/project-execution.html
Subject Areas for Exchange Students
Some of the Subject Areas for Exchanges are:
Pattern Making & GarmentConstruction for Indian Clothing, Surface
Tie & Dye surface embellishment techniques,
Indian Craft Accessories
Our ongoing exchanges are with:
Ecole Boulle, Paris for Jewellery Design
Cesar School, Recife, Brazil (Semester Exchange)
Sapienza University (Semester Exchange)
Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
NSCAD University, Canada
University of Teeside, UK
Our students have gone for Summer School to Universities like Univ. of Salford, UK
ARCH International Winter Programmes are open for regisration
ARCH College offers Certificate courses for International students with City Tour, Industry Exposure, Craft Bazaars ad Celebrations.
TWICE every year during the:
• Easter Holidays (March)
• Christmas Holidays (December)
• Surface Ornamentation: 4 Weeks
• Non Western Fashion: 4 Weeks
• Jewelry Design & Gemology: 4 Weeks
• Indian Craft Products: 4 Week
• Tarakashi: 1 Week
• Thikri: 1 Week
• Jaipur Zoom In: 1 Week
• Arayash (Indian Fresco Painting): 1 Week
• Enammeling Techniques: 1 week
• Kundan Meena Jewellery: 1 Week
Beginning and ending dates of the semesters (approximately)
01 July – 31 Dec
01 January – 30 May
Cost of Living Per Month (Studying and Living)
Accomodation + Food: INR 30000 upto INR 40000
Study costs depending on Module
Average cost is INR 50000-75000 per month ( for a customised module)