Calls for Participation(1)
Calls for Participation(1)
No news from Competitions
No news from Course
No news from Global Conversations
No news from Initiatives
No news from Job Listings
No news from Joint & Partner Events
No news from News
No news from Special Events
· Be an internationally acknowledged design institution nurturing individuals to develop as innovative professionals and entrepreneurs with requisite skills and social sensitivity
· Enrolling students of pluralistic identities & cultural contexts and provide a learning experience, that inspires and prepares them to be leaders, characterized by creative thinking, innovation and the ability to transform the future
· Building on an impeccable foundation of research & learning based on a wide spectrum of disciplines to develop & impart learning as per the emerging needs of society
· Developing collaborations with other advanced educational foreign institutions and public and private organizations in order to enhance and maintain the quality and standard of education
· Channelize the creative energies of the increasing youth of the country into well researched and realistically viable development streams as trained professionals with a genuinely high level of usable skill sets for the Industry
· To revive and renew time-honoured indigenous skills & craft knowledge and practices and bring beneficial developments and changes to rural livelihood through thought and action
· Enable endeavors towards establishing a ‘self-definition for women’ by encouraging, empowering and educating women to become professionals & entrepreneurs creating their own business or social enterprise
ARCH, in strategic partnership with Pearson, is accredited to deliver Six BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications in Art and Design. Pearson is the largest awarding body in the UK for Academic, Vocational and Work-related qualifications,and the largest education company worldwide. Pearson International is headquartered in London with offices across Europe, Asia and South America.
The BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications are embedded in the first 2 years of these courses, and includes a Foundation in Art & Design.After successful completion of the Level 5 HND in 2 years at ARCH, our students, can progress in the 3rd year directly into Graduation year of a BA course abroad and gain a Level 6 ‘top up’ degree in one year, from any of more than 100 Pearson listed universities around the world in the US, Canada, South Africa, Mauritius and Institutions in the UK and Europe as well as with global Universities and Colleges who have an agreement with ARCH.
After completing a B.A Degree students can complete an M.A Degree too in 1 Year from abroad.
ARCH holds full membership of
- IFFTI (The International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes) and is also on the Industries Sub Committee.
- The WDO (World Design Organization) formerly ICSID, a nonprofit organization promoting the profession of industrial design
- ARCH is also a member of the Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA) which was established in April 2006 with funding support from the Innovation & Technology Commission, HKSAR Government.
International Linkages & Partnerships:
- NSCAD University, Canada
- Middlesex University, London
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- UDEM Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico
- Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), UK
- Teesside University, UK
- University of Northampton, UK
- Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland, UK
- Ecole Boulle Paris, France
- Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy, Ukraine
- Bahir Dar University, Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology, Ethiopia
Visit our website for more details: https://www.archedu.org/international.html
- ARCH is the first in Rajasthan to introduce a Bachelor of Design affiliated with the University of Rajasthan, a public and state university in Rajasthan. The degrees offered at ARCH through its affiliation with the University of Rajasthan include the Bachelor of Design (B.Des), and the Bachelor of Visual Arts (B.V.A) which are both four years in duration. The Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), is three years in duration.
- ARCH offers UG and PG level programmes, affiliated to RISU: The Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc), is three years in duration. The Masters of Vocation (M.Voc) is two years long
Memberships & Linakges:
- Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID)
- The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI)
- Association of Designers of India (ADI)
- Garment Exporters of Rajsathan (GEAR)
- Bagru TexCraft Part – Jaipur Bloc
ARCH is also actively associated with other Industry bodies which include the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), FORHEX, Rajasthan Heritage Fashion Week, Resurgent Rajasthan.
Project Cell at ARCH has undertaken various projects. ARCH is the official Consultant Designer for Uniforms covering all cadres for the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation. It has taken up projects with MSME NID Design Clinic Scheme, Development Commissioner Handicrafts (DCH) Skill Development Projects etc.
Please visit our website: https://www.archedu.org/project-execution.html
Bachelor of Design Degree (B.Des)
International Study Abroad Programmes (Progression for Degree Year)
Master's Degree Programmes
Student & Faculty Exchanges
Faculties and Departments
Bachelor Level Programs
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – 4 Years Degree affiliated to University of Rajasthan
- B. Des Fashion Design
- B. Des Interior Design
- B. Des Craft & Accessory Design
- B. Des Jewellery Design
- BVA (Applied Arts)
- BBA (Design)- 3 Years
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) – 4 Years Degree affiliated to Rajasthan ILD Skills University
- B. Des Product Design
- B. Des Graphic Design
International Study Abroad Programmes (2+1+1 Years)
Pearson BTEC HND Level 5 in first 2 years at ARCH. Progression to a UK Univeristy for BA degree in 3rd year.
- BA Fashion Design
- BA Interior Design
- BA Product Design
- BA Graphic Design
- BA Digital Design
- BA Photography
Master Level Programs
Master of Vocational Studies (M.Voc) – 2 Years Degree affiliated to Rajasthan ILD Skills University
- M. Voc Design Entrepreneurship – Fashion
- M. Voc Design Entrepreneurship – Interior
- M. Voc Design Entrepreneurship – Jewellery Design
- M. Voc Design Entrepreneurship – Product Design
- M. Voc Design Entrepreneurship -Design Communication
Master of Design – 2 Years Degree affiliated to Rajasthan ILD Skills University
- M. Des Interior Design
- M. Des Product Design
Research Activity and Main Areas
ARCH College of Design & Business hosted and organised Fashion Colloquia 2020, an International Reasearch Colloquium in Jaipur. The Fashion Colloquia series originated through a core network of 4 institutions, connected by their residence and involvement in the four big 'Fashion weeks' across the globe. Fashion Colloquia 2020, launched the Third series of Fashion Colloquia recognizing the importance of a ‘Responsible’ future.
ARCH in partnership with Perth UHI, Scotland has received the prestigious 45,000 GBP UKIERI Grant 2012 for Institutional Capacity Building. The 2 year project which will be undertaken with this grant addresses ‘Communication and Application of Design to Promote Mutual Creative & Cultural Industries’ and will include staff and student exchanges and development of an online platform for delivery of Design Communication in the industry.
Our Founder & Director Ms Archana Surana was invited as the keynote speaker at the 4th Non Western Fashion Conference held in Belgium, at the University of Antwerp from 23rd Nov to 25th Nov 2016 to talk about "Heritage Crafts in Fashion Business – Tradition to Modernity."
Founder & Director Ms Archana Surana was on the Scientific Committee of the Fashion Colloquim, Rome 2019
ARCH Student Research Paper titled "Pink Story" has been selected and would be presented at the Cumulus Conference in Rome 2020.
Please visit our website for more details: https://www.archedu.org/project-execution.html
Subject Areas for Exchange Students
Some of the Subject Areas for Exchanges are:
Pattern Making & GarmentConstruction for Indian Clothing, Surface
Tie & Dye surface embellishment techniques,
Indian Craft Accessories
Our ongoing exchanges are with:
Ecole Boulle, Paris for Jewellery Design
Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
NSCAD University, Canada
University of Teeside, UK
Our students have gone for Summer School to Universities like Univ. of Salford
Beginning and ending dates of the semesters (approximately)
01 July – 31 Dec
01 January – 30 May
Cost of Living Per Month (Studying and Living)
Accomodation + Food: INR 25000 upto INR 35000
Study costs depending on Module
Average cost is INR 50000-75000 per month ( for a customised module)