Cumulus congratulates the 2022-2025 President and Executive Board announced at the annual General Assembly held online on June 16, 2022.
Cumulus welcomed its new President Lorenzo Imbesi, PhD, Full Professor and Sapienza Design Research Director, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
Prior to presidency, Prof. Imbesi served two consecutive terms on the Cumulus Board after having first been elected in 2016. As an architect and scholar with an esteemed trajectory contributing to the research field for design internationally through graduate education, publications, and conferences, Lorenzo has steered important efforts to create spaces for design research discourse and practice to thrive within the Cumulus community.
The Cumulus Executive Board (CEB), is a group of experienced academic leaders elected from Cumulus full member institutions worldwide. We are especially thrilled to see that CEB VIII consists of members from countries not represented before such as India, Japan, Mexico and Portugal.
The Cumulus Executive Board VIII serving a three-year term are as follows (in alphabetical order by country):
– Miaosen Gong, PhD, Associate Professor, School of Design, Jiangnan University, China
– Nicola Morelli, PhD, Professor, Aalborg University, Denmark
– Anne Pikkov, Vice Rector of Academic Affair, Estonian Academy of Arts, Estonia
– Satu Miettinen, PhD, Professor, Dean, University of Lapland, Finland
– Natacha Lallemand, PhD, Head of International Affairs, Professor, École Duperré, Paris Institute of Art and Design, France
– Archana Surana, Founder-Director, ARCH College of Design and Business, India
– Makoto Watanabe, PhD, Vice President, Chiba University, Japan
– Roberto Iniguez Flores, PhD, Dean, National School of Architecture, Art and Design, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
– Teresa Franqueira, PhD, Associate Professor, University of Aveiro, Portugal
– Monica Di Ruvo, PhD, Senior Lecturer, Head of Department of Applied Design, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa
Grateful for all dedication and commitment by all Cumulus Board Members in the past, our new board continues with energy and passion for all Cumulusians and our partners and friends.
For more information, please contact:
Eija Salmi FRSA
+358 40 512 0302