XJTLU Industrial Design is hiring!
Faculty Positions in Industrial Design: AI-Driven Design and Creative Robotics.
Salary: Salary and benefits packages are competitive and commensurate with rank and experience.
Application Due: 01/07/2024 (early submission is encouraged)
Position: Faculty Positions in AI-Driven Design and Creative Robotic [Open-Rank] Location: Suzhou, China
Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable.
To further strengthen research and teaching aligned with the Emerging Design theme, the Department seeks to add talent and expertise in two key areas:
AI-Driven Design: The ideal candidate will apply generative design methods and tools integrating digital fabrication technologies with artificial intelligence through open innovation. Research and application domains include, but are not limited to, AI-assisted design processes, AI-enhanced products and experiences, and critical design with AI. The successful candidate will develop innovative concepts, tools, and platforms intertwining creative design approaches with machine intelligence, potentially linking them to consumer applications.
Creative Robotics: The ideal candidate will apply robotics technologies to develop innovative user experiences. Research and application domains include, but are not limited to, assistive technologies, exoskeletal design, physical prototyping and fabrication, and robotics for healthcare and wellbeing. The successful candidate will develop innovative concepts, tools, and platforms intertwining creative design approaches with robotics, potentially linking them to consumer applications.
While we welcome applications from relevant disciplines outside industrial design, we look for creative elements exhibited in your qualifications and experiences, suggesting potential to develop research initiatives that will advance design knowledge and applications. Ideal candidates should be experienced with or prepared for studio-based teaching activities, which involve intensive tutorials and hands-on creative project development.
– Teach design studio and taught modules, including student academic mentoring.
– Research through classic academic realm via research projects, innovations, and publication or via industrial practice.
– Publications at a level appropriate for the discipline and designation.
– Applications to external research funds.
– Service to support the administrative side of the department, school and the university or extracurricular activities for students, staff, discipline.
– Complete PG Certification unless already holding one teaching certification or similar
– Participation in departmental activities and work culture.
– Positions of administrative responsibility at departmental/cluster/school level.
– Typical split of teaching: research: service is 40:40:20.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on our university website: https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=3595&company=xjtlu
Contact IND HoD Cheng-Hung Lo [email protected]