No news from Calls for Participation
No news from Competitions
No news from Course
No news from Cumulus for Ukraine
No news from Global Conversations
No news from Initiatives
No news from Joint & Partner Events
Make possibilities endless
To establish the School of Design as a top tier international design school, applying Asian innovation to global opportunities.
PolyU Design aims to be a leading transdisciplinary design school that:
- Nurtures responsible and open-minded creative talents and active learners.
- Conducts practice-based research, covering: social design, design economy, and design making.
- Contributes to innovation in Hong Kong and Mainland China, while maintaining a global perspective.
Steer Positive Change
We are open to collaboration with universities all over the world on academic collaborations – Joint PhD programmes, joint PhD supervision, student exchange, research collarboation, international workshops, project collaboration, the University's international summer school and others.
We are open to collaboration with partner universities, associations, industrial and business corporations, government and non-government organisations all over the world on academic collaborations – contract research collaboration, consultancy work, project collaboration, industrial advisors, student project clients, internship work-based supervisors, external examiners and others. We appreciate our current partners.
For Bachelor level programmes, http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/education/bachelor-programmes
For Master level programmes, http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/education/master-programmes
For PhD programmes, https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/rpg
Bachelor Level Programs
- BA (Hons) Scheme in Design, 4-year full course
The Scheme offers an extensive range of different Design Specialisms that cater for tomorrow’s designers: Advertising Design, Environmental Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Interior Design, Media Design, Product Design, Service Design, and Social Design.
- BA (Hons) in Advertising Design, 2-year senior year curriculum http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/advertising-design
- BA (Hons) in Communication Design, 2-year senior year curriculum http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/communication-design
- BA (Hons) in Environment and Interior Design, 2-year senior year curriculum http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/environment-and-interior-design
- BA (Hons) in Product Design, 2-year senior year curriculum http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/product-design
- BA (Hons) in Digital Media, 2-year senior year curriculume http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/ba-hons-in-digital-media
- BA (Hons) in Interactive Media, 2-year senior year curriculum http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/ba-hons-in-interactive-media
- BA (Hons) in Social Design, 2-year senior year curriculum http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/social-design
Master Level Programs
- Master of Design (Innovative Business Design), 12 months full-time https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/innovative-business-design
- Master of Design (Intelligent Systems Design), 12 months full-time https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/intelligent-systems-design
- Master of Design (Smart Service Design), 12 months full-time https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/smart-service-design
- Master of Design (Transitional Environments Design), 12 months full-time https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/transitional-environments-design
- Master of Science in Multimedia and Entertainment Technology, 12 months full-time http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/multimedia-and-entertainment-technology
Research Activity and Main Areas
Research initiatives: Social Design, Design Economy, and Design Making
PolyU Design's six design research narratives:
Asian Lifestyle Design Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#asian-lifestyle
Asian Ergonomics Design Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#Asian-Ergonomics
Interaction Design Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#Interaction-Design
Information Design Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#Information-Design
Public Design Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#Public-Design
Digital Entertainment Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#Digital-Enterntainment
Creativity and Design Education Lab https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/research/research-initiatives-making-economies-and-social#Design-Education
Doctorate Level Programs
3-year full-time / 6-year part-time PhD programme
Entrance Requirements: normally hold an MPhil or equivalent (a research postgraduate degree with a dissertation as an award requirement) conferred by a recognised university
4-year full-time / 8-year part-time PhD programme
Entrance Requirements: normally hold a Master’s degree; OR a Bachelor’s degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent qualification), conferred by a recognised university.
More details at: https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/rpg
Subject Areas for Exchange Students
- Advertising Design
- Communication Design
- Environment and Interior Design
- Product Design
- Interactive Media
Nomination and Application Deadlines
Semester 1 (Sep – Dec)
Nomination: 15 Mar for School of Design
Application: 15 Apr
Semester 2 (Jan – May)
Nomination: 15 Sep for School of Design
Application: 15 Oct
Semester 1: September to December
Semester 2: January to June
Summer Semester: June to July
International summer school (online): June to August
Cost of Living Per Month (Studying and Living)
No tuition fee for exchange students if an exchange MoU is signed.
Tuition fee is required for Study Abroad students.
Hall fee: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/sao/srss/hall/hall-admission/hall-fee-ug