The School of Art + Art History in the College of the Arts at the University of Florida invites applications for two tenure-accruing faculty positions in Graphic Design/Design & Visual Communications programs (Design) at the level of Assistant Professor. These two positions will contribute to a vibrant, growing program with a forward-looking curriculum at a top-5 public research university. They will join the program at an exciting moment of expansion and development that parallels the university’s increased cultivation of research and the student experience.
We seek visionary educators with the skills to advance our undergraduate and graduate design programs through research, teaching, and service. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a conceptual, scholarly approach to design practice and research; an understanding of contemporary design practice, discourse, and technologies; and engagement with questions of culture, community, pluriversality, interculturality, and anti-racism. We welcome applicants who can contribute to a diverse and inclusive environment in all aspects of their work. In addition, successful candidates can expect to work with students, faculty, staff, and communities from a wide range of disciplines and social and cultural backgrounds. We seek a colleague who will position emerging artists, designers, and researchers as catalysts for equity on local and global levels.
– Teach a 2-2 load of courses in graphic design/design & visual communications at the undergraduate and graduate levels,
– Conduct a program of research appropriate to the discipline.
– Terminal graduate degree (MFA, MDes, MGD, PhD) in graphic design, visual communication design, or closely related field.
– Promise of excellence in research.
– Experience teaching at the university level and ability to teach across the design program’s curriculum.
– Knowledge of contemporary design practice, discourse, and technologies.
– Evidence of success in promoting an environment that advances access, equity, and inclusion.
International Applicants are encouraged to apply.
Application Review begins 21 November 2022 (for full consideration, apply by November 20).
Professor Maria Rogal with questions at [email protected]
including tenure and promotion criteria, visit https://snapshot.ufdesigners.com.
The University of Florida (UF) on of the top 5 public research institutions in the United States and the flagship institution at the University of Florida. It is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US.
DISCLAIMER: Cumulus makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer.