Candidates must have:
• A relevant degree (level 8) with First or Second Class Honours of a recognised third level institution; or equivalent qualification.
Not Less than 3 years relevant post qualification experience
The University would particularly welcome applications from candidates with the following:
• Previous lecturing experience at third level and teaching in a studio-based environment.
• Qualifications/ industry experience in Design, Computer Aided Design, Commercial and/or Domestic Interior Design, Design for Sustainability & Circular Economies, Interior Architecture, Furniture Design and/or Point of Sale/Exhibition/ Spatial Design.
• Experience and knowledge of national & international design trends and key developments within the fields outlined above.
• Evidence of mastery in CAD, Digital Visualisation and/or digital + analogue fabrication/ model-making skills.
• Doctorate (PhD) (highly desirable) or Masters’ Qualification in a relevant design or cognate discipline.
Limerick School of Art & Design, TUS
For 170 years we have been educating, inspiring and empowering people seeking a creative future. We are proud to be recognised as one of Europe’s leading fine art, design and creative media schools. With over 1,450 students across our campuses, we are a hub of energy and imagination, a supportive creative community and a place of art, enterprise and research.
Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (TUS) is Ireland’s third technological university and home to 15,000 students and a staff complement of approximately 2,000, full-time and part-time, across six campuses in Athlone, Limerick, Thurles, Clonmel, and Ennis.
Established on October 1, 2021, TUS has a strong regional focus and will be a key driver of development and investment across the Midlands and Midwest. The new networked university, linked by the river Shannon, borders on almost half of Ireland’s 26 counties and will provide unprecedented levels of access to higher education.
We are committed to developing a contemporary and vibrant technological university (TU) – a higher education institute that reflects the educational and economic needs of our region and communities we serve. The new TU will connect knowledge creation with industry partnerships to grow and support collaboration. The TU will be the home of academic leaders, knowledge creators and cutting-edge researchers who will positively affect people’s lives now and in the future.