International conference organized by the University of Ljubljana, Alternator (www.alternator.science) and the Museum and Galleries of Ljubljana in Ljubljana, Slovenia on October 13-14, 2022.
Organisers would like to invite contributions from scholars active in science communication research, practice, training or education. Graduate students are also encouraged to contribute to a special student session on the conference theme.
The conference aims to bring together experts active in science communication research, practice, training or education. The conference organizers invite conference papers based on either theoretical research or on case studies to address, among others, the following themes:
• Science communication, crisis communication, and trust in science
• Conceptualizing science communication: between research and practice
• Trends in public communication of science and technology
• Science communication and the pandemic
• Science communication and the climate crisis
• Communicating sciences of the future (artificial intelligence, biotechnology…)
• Digital humanities and the role of communication of humanities
• Science communication and/within the academic field: structural cha(lle)nges
• Science communication and inclusivity: from class to gender
Please submit your proposal of a paper or a session (300-500 words), together with a short biography (maximum 100 words) and affiliation information to the organizing committee via email [email protected] by 30 April 2022.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
Prof. Sarah R. Davies is Professor of Technosciences, Materiality, & Digital Cultures at the Department of Science and Technology Studies, University of Vienna.
Mićo Tatalović is a news editor, Research Fortnight.
Marianne Achiam is an associate professor at the Department of Science Education, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, where she leads the research group on science communication.
Nico Pitrelli is the director of the Master’s Course in Science Communication “Franco Prattico” at SISSA, Trieste, Italy and Head of the Communications Office in the same institution.