Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle is looking to fill the following position in the degree courses Multimedia|VR Design and Multimedia Design of the Design department at the earliest possible date:
Professor for Motion Design and Animation (W3)
The degree courses Multimedia|VR Design (BA) and Multimedia Design (MA) deal with the conception and design of multimedia interactive contents and experiences that involve all the senses and are simultaneously sensual and sensible. They investigate and design the multiple contact areas and varieties between physical and virtual reality.
We are looking for a person with an outstanding creative and theoretical competence in motion design and animation as well as teaching experience and didactic aptitude.
The position involves the teaching of basic principles of animation (2D and 3D) and motion graphics design as a synergy between image, text, illustration, animation, sound and music. The field of motion design and animation will be taught and explored in a variety of contexts as both a stand-alone and cross-media discipline in the many forms of multimedia storytelling. Prerequisites include a deep understanding and reflection of the cultural, sociological, and psychological implications, as well as a creative-artistic approach to digital technologies.
– Completed university degree.
– At least five years of experience in the conception, design and realization of multimedia narrative forms in the field of motion design and animation.
– In-depth design/artistic work experience in areas such as: Visual and Interactive Storytelling, Computer Animation (2D & 3D), Image Film, SFX, 360° Film, Sound Design, Performance or live Visualizations, Content Creation for XR, Gaming, Web.
– Ability to identify relevant topics, to condense and prepare complex contexts and processes and to implement them in independent and creative high-quality concepts.
– Sound knowledge of relevant and contemporary software, hardware, peripherals (e.g. motion tracking) and basic knowledge of programming languages relevant to design.
– Openness and willingness to experiment with current technological developments in order to critically explore and apply them in teaching.
– Interest in addressing issues of sustainability and social transformation processes in order to actively develop the field of Multimedia|VR Design and Multimedia Design courses.
The incumbent will teach in all academic years and supervise projects and theses in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes. The ability and willingness to teach in English is desired. In addition, on-site presence, conception and implementation of research projects, and dedicated participation in academic self-governance are expected.
In addition to fulfilling the appointment requirements according to § 35 HSG LSA, an affinity for topics dealt with at a university of the arts, related to their own biography, is desired.
Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle is committed to a non-discriminatory hiring policy and values equal opportunities and diversity. It strives to increase the proportion of women and strongly encourages women to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons or those treated as such will be given preference in cases of equal qualifications and aptitudes. The professorship can be held for a limited period of up to five years or an unlimited period. The decision on this is made during the appointment procedure. If the professorship is limited in time, the possibility of an unlimited appointment will be examined before the end of the limited term. The salary will be determined in accordance with legal and budgetary requirements.
Applications should specify the position, include the usual documents (curriculum vitae, description of artistic/professional career, portfolio of work samples, certified copies of credentials etc.) and be sent in analogous and digital format (PDF documents no bigger than 10 MB) by 6 October 2022 (postmark date) to:
Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle
Rektorat, Ausschreibung Professur Motion Design und Animation
06108 Halle (Saale)
Further Information about the university at www.burg-halle.de