• Innovation School.
• Highlands Islands campus – Forres.
• Full time
• Fixed term – 1 year (October 2023)
• Grade 7 (£40,931.00 – £51,805.00)
The Innovation School at The Glasgow School of Art seeks an enthusiastic, experienced and highly motivated lecturer in Regenerative Futures to join our Highlands and Islands campus.
Based at the historic Altyre Steading, just outside of Forres, near to Inverness, the role will:
1. Support the on-campus delivery of M.Des Design Innovation Environmental and M.Des Design Innovation and Circular Economy Post Graduate Taught programmes
2. Lead curricular development of proposals relating to regenerative food production, distribution and consumption.
3. Generate collaborative opportunities and alternative forms of learning aligned to both teaching and impact in local and global communities.
The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery and assessment of our Environmental and Circular Economy Innovation Design taught Post Graduate programmes. They will support learning, teaching and assessment across the Innovation School and will help develop new curricular opportunities and alternative forms of learning. Aligning teaching with research and knowledge exchange to produce social, economic and cultural impact. The ideal applicant will have a background in Design/Innovation education or a track record of industrial engagement and contemporary practice; academic attainment/research activity; and a commitment to seeing design-led innovation as a contribution to human well-being, social justice, and ecological improvement. This is an outstanding opportunity to teach at a world leading institution in a completely unique environment.
Find out more about the GSA Highland student experience here
The closing date for submission of completed applications is Midnight, 1st December 2022.
For full details and to apply online, please visit: www.gsa.ac.uk/jobs.
For informal inquiries please contact Ruth Cochrane, Academic Lead, Innovation School at [email protected]
The Glasgow School of Art is an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Charity Number SC012490.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
DISCLAIMER: Cumulus makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer.