The School of Design, as a leading and transdisciplinary design school, is at the forefront of nurturing responsible, open-minded, creative talents and active learners; contributing to innovation in Hong Kong and Mainland China while maintaining a global perspective. As one of the top design schools in the world, its highly diverse design expertise widely includes Product Design, Communication Design, Advertising Design, Digital Media, Interior Design, Environment Design, Social Design, Interactive Media, Urban Design, International Design and Business Management, Design Practices, Design Strategy, Interaction Design, and Multimedia and Entertainment Technology. The School’s research and consultancy work are of an applied nature relevant to industrial, commercial and community needs. It is ranked 20th by the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021 for Art and Design, and is based in a Zaha Hadid building well-equipped for innovative research and creative learning on the university campus. Please visit the website at https://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/ for more information about the School.
The Design discipline at the School takes a sustainable and humanistic approach which also aims to expand the scope of traditional design into the sociotechnical realms. The three conceptual pillars constitute: (a) Social Design – collaborative design with communities and the public sectors to improve living conditions through critical, systemic and participatory approaches; (b) Design Economies – entrepreneurial design that enhances service innovation and value creation in the private sector; and (c) Design Making – human-centered and hands-on design investigations in labs and with communities, in the practices of making and prototyping via socio-technical means. They are identified as the three flagship themes to consolidate the research focus and emerging pedagogies in the School.
The School is looking for candidates who will work in a transdisciplinary design environment that builds on the School’s global position within the regional and Chinese context (e.g. the Greater Bay Area).
More specifically, candidates are sought, preferably with industrial experiences plus teaching and research track record in any one of the following areas:
– Content Design (e.g. digital content creation, digital communication design, brand development, publication design)
– Design for Entrepreneurship (e.g. design strategy, user-centered design, design management, circular design, product service systems)
– Digital Entertainment and Game Development (e.g. applied anthropology, psychology, neuroscience, socio-technical systems)
– Interactive System Design (e.g. UX design, smart product, design for AI, internet of things, digital fabrication, data driven design)
– Service Design and Social Innovation (e.g. strategic innovation, user experience design, organisational/community design).
Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Contact via email to [email protected]
Please read the whole ad here SD – AssoP-AP (Mar 2022)