College of Design
National Yunlin University of Science and Technology (YunTech)
Founded in 1991
Head of institution
Dean Sing-Sheng Guan
123 University Road, Section 3, Douliou, TW-64002 Yunlin, Taiwan (China)
Phone +886 5 531 2150
Fax +886 5 531 2084
Cumulus Contact person
Lecturer Ching-Hsu Chang
123 University Road, Section 3, Douliou, TW-64002 Yunlin
Phone +886 5 534 2601 -600, Fax +886 5 531 2080
Contact person for inquiries on study programs
Digital Media Design & Computational Design Contact: Prof. Lee jihyun[at]yuntech.edu.tw
Creative Life design Contact: Prof.Ho mchho[at]yuntech.edu.tw
Visual Communication Design Contact: Prof. Chen chenhe[at]yuntech.edu.tw
Industrial Design Contact: Prof. Chang changwf[at]yuntech.edu.tw
Architecture and Interior Design Contact: Prof. Lai laimm[at]yuntech.edu.tw
Other contact persons
The main incentive is to upgrade national level of design education and foster outstanding design specialist, as well as to enhance quality of instruction, research and service, by integration of in-campus resources and mutual complement of expertise among departments and graduate schools, so as to become an international prime college of design in diverse fields.
The further objectives of development under the present foundation are as followed:
1. To keep pace with national development and educate professional designers:
By means of cooperation and integration among departments and graduate schools, the overall design concept of the modern designers can be consolidated to produce efficiency and fortify the competitiveness of national design industry in the global market.
2. To enhance design research and promote academic exchange programs:
As a result of enhancing consolidated academic research and setting up international exchange channels, the overall aims are to extend design education and science into international fields.
3. To integrate the faculty and provide design service:
By means of integrating the faculty and manpower of various departments and graduate schools, the goal is to engage in specialized design research and promote various business cooperation programs and services.
To encourage and support YunTech students to participate in international short-term academic programs.
• To support YunTech professors and PhD students to participate in international conferences.
• To support various units and departments of the University to hold international conferences.
• To promote the Overseas Study Program for Outstanding Students.
• To assist the University in obtaining public funding for international exchange and cooperation programs.
• To plan the University’s international exchange and cooperation orientation.
• To invite and receive foreign guests and scholars to visit the University and arrange visiting itinerary.
• To establish partnership and handle contracts of academic cooperation programs with universities abroad.
• To promote joint degree programs with universities abroad.
• To participate in international education fairs for creating an international reputation for the University.
• To encourage and assist faculty and students in overseas visit and exchange programs.
• To assist the units and departments of the University in arranging various international activities.
• To create an internationalized campus.
• To provide services to international students on admission and advising
Yuntech is one of the most important and also most leading schools in design field in Taiwan. Yuntech also has very close collaboration with partner universities and business connection with Taiwanese companies.
Oriented in both design and research in BD, MD and PHD level
Faculties and departments
Graduate School of Design - Doctoral Program (PHD)
Department and Graduate School of Industrial Design (BD,MD)
Department and Graduate School of Visual Communication Design (BD,MD)
Department and Graduate School of Architecture and Interior Design (BD,MD)
Graduate School of Computational Design (MD)
Department of Digital Media Design (BD)
Department of Creative Life design (BD
Bachelor level programs
bachelor of design in
Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design, Architecture and Interior Design, Digital Media Design, Creative Life design
Duration of studying: 4 years
Master level programs
Master of design in
Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design, Architecture and Interior Design,
Duration of studying: 2 years
Research activity and main areas
The main research areas include Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design, Architecture and Interior Design, Digital Media and Computational Design.
Doctorate level programs
Graduate School of Design - Doctoral Program
Subject areas for exchange students
Graduate School of Design - Doctoral Program (PHD)
Department and Graduate School of Industrial Design (BFA,MFA)
Department and Graduate School of Visual Communication Design (BFA,MFA)
Department and Graduate School of Architecture and Interior Design (BFA,MFA)
Graduate School of Computational Design (MFA)
Department of Digital Media Design (BFA)
Department of Creative Life design (BFA)
Spring term - before the end of October
Autumn Term - before the end of April
Spring term: from February to June
Autumn term: from September to January
Cost of living per month (studying and living)
Average 400 Euro per month (including living expense and tuition)
- Bachelor: 885
- Master: 200
- Doctorate: 110
- 37 incoming
- 45 outgoing
- n/a other (continuing education, post-experience courses, other)
- 47 Professors
- 8 Lecturers
- n/a Other permanent teachers
- 20 Part-time teachers