How to apply for membership?
Full Membership - for universities, colleges or academies of higher education in art, design and media The institution applying for full membership has to offer education leading to a degree.
Associate Membership - for companies, institutions or associations related to art, design or media.
Observer status at meetings of Cumulus can be granted to companies, institutions or associations related to art, design and media. The status of Affiliate Membership can be granted by the board to regional and international associations and networks.
How the decision on new members is made
The applications arrived by deadline are discussed by the Executive Board. Should it be in favour of the application it will recommend the new member applicant to the General Assembly which will make the final decision.
To ensure sustainable growth (about 10% per year) as well as educational, regional and geographical balance, the Board will pay attention in its decision making especially to the following criteria
- What kind of international environment/collaboration the applicant already has
- How is the local collaboration of the applicant, e.g. industrial collaboration and further on cultural values, cultural connections, artistic values, artistic environment etc
- Responsibility of the applicant towards the society
- The “motto” of the applicant in Cumulus - what the applicant wants to do with Cumulus and for Cumulus
- The geographical location: non- or under-represented countries and regions are preferred.
Should the board not recommend one or some of the applicants, it will state reasons for the General Assembly.
The application process is free of charge. An invoice of the membership of the ongoing year (in full) will be sent to the new members after the General Assembly.
Deadlines for the next intake
Next application deadline January - February 2014
Next Executive Board meeting with membership matters: February - March 2014
Current deadline for applicants 2013
Next New Members Fair: 5 June 2013, Kalmar, Sweden
Next General Assembly: 8 June 2013, Kalmar, Sweden
There is a yearly membership fee and the General Assembly decides the amount. The fees for 2012 and 2013 are
|For profit institutions (>20 employees)||2.000€|
|For profit institutions (21-150 employees)||3.000€|
|For profit institutions (<151 employees)||5.000€|
Rights & restrictions
The members have a
- right to participate in the biannual conferences
- right to send announcements on seminars, exhibitions, competitions, organizational changes etc to the Cumulus website free of charge
- right to join the mailing list
- member profile on the Cumulus homepage
- Full members voting right, Associate members no voting right at the General Assembly