29 March 2012
European Project Manager
Project IDeALL: Integrating Design for All in Living Labs
Cité du design, Saint-Etienne, France
Application deadline: April 13, 2012
The Public Institution of Cultural Cooperation (EPCC) Cité du design - École supérieure d’art et design de Saint-Etienne, France develops its activity on three main fields:
- Higher Education: led by the Saint-Etienne Higher School of Art and Design: 340 students trained to a Master in Art or Design
- Production of high public recognition events such as the Saint-Etienne International Design
Biennial or annual design exhibitions
- Design Centre: the Cité du design supports companies on user-centred innovation and leads design research projects.
Since 2009, these three domains has been gathered on the same location: the former Arms Manufacture of Saint-Etienne. Supported by the City of Saint-Etienne, the Saint-Etienne Metropolis, the Rhône-Alpes Region and the Government (Ministry of Culture), this structure is a platform of Higher Education, Research, Economic Development and Promotion via and concerning Design and Art.
The Economic Development Department is the conjunction between the various design stakeholders inside the ecosystem of user-centred innovation. Its mission is developing the innovation in companies, relying on the creative strength of design and developing new structuring tools, to bring the regional territory towards an international scale.
Since 2009, the Cité du design is recognized as a Living Lab, a real-life and experimentation environment for user-driven innovation, member of ENoLL (European Network of Living Labs). It is the only Living Lab specialized and focused on Design, enabling various business sectors (healthcare, energy etc.) with its methodologies and tools.
The Cité du design is the coordinator of a European project with 11 partners from 5 countries, selected from the Call “1st Action Plan of the European Design Innovation Initiative”, launched by the ’European Design Innovation Initiative (EDII), with the aim of improving the impact of innovation policies by speeding up the take up of design as a usercentred innovation tool in national, regional and EU innovation policies.
This project called IDeALL (Integrating Design For All in Living Labs), aims at gathering the two main user-centred innovation communities: design centres, design for all, service and social design structures on the one hand, Living labs and experimentation environments on the other hand.
The Cité du design, Saint-Etienne, France, is recruiting…
A European project manager – Project IDeALL: Integrating Design
for All in Living Labs
Under the direction of the Economic Development Department:
1. Management of the European project, in relation with the European partners
2. Coordination of a workpackage on “Interdisciplinary Methodologies” and set up of experimentations on Rhone-Alpes region in relation with the partners..
3. Leading meetings and workshops
4. Analyze of the methodologies and experimentations, coming from the design centres and Living Labs partners and development of new methodologies.
5. Creation of toolboxes and documents for dissemination and communication of the project.
- Former experience in European program
- Bilingual French/English
- Good relation skills and capacity of leadership
- Negotiation and mediation skills
- Language skills: good ability of English writing
- Autonomous, pro-active, with team spirit.
- Dynamism, commitment, and rigour
- Education background: preferably designer or higher education including design tools (leading workshop, user scenarios).
Important information about the position
- Duration: May 2012 to April 2014.
- Remuneration based on French Public Administration status + compensation scheme Base: cadre d’emploi des attachés territoriaux Poste de catégorie A, filière administrative
- Full time job located in Saint-Etienne, Loire department, France
Applications (curriculum + cover letter) must be sent before 13th April, noon, to:
Mme Christine VÉROT
Cité du design – 3 rue Javelin Pagnon – 42000 Saint-Étienne - FRANCE